The Definition of HOPE
• To cherish a desire with anticipation
• To want something to happen or be true
• To have a wish for a future outcome
TIPS, HINTS & INSPIRATION:
Read April’s article by Renee Moorefield, member of the GWI Advisory Board and CEO of Wisdom Works Group, and learn how to use HOPE as a springboard to inspire your participation in the powerful global movement: The Wellness Moonshot: A World Free of Preventable Disease.
Here are a few tips excerpted from the article:
Invite your team to connect through hope. Ask your team to identify up to three opportunities that have emerged in their lives this past year—perhaps better ways of working, strengthened relationships at home, or a new priority for self-care.
Create a social connection of hope with your brand. Identify how your brand can inspire people to see a positive, connected, empowered future ahead. Use #wellnessmoonshot on social media to share how your brand is making life more hopeful for people during these demanding times.
Ask: Am I experiencing hope? Hope is often defined as a positive emotional state combined with an internal sense of agency and paths to achieve your vision and goals. Assess your level of hope by reviewing the Adult Hope Scale.
Safeguard your hope. Too many sources, from media to gurus, attempt to sway human behavior through fear, manipulation and bias. Remember: Your capacity for hope is a precious resource. Be discerning about who or what you let influence your perceptions.
Tap into spiritual practices. When things seem dreary or difficult, return to or learn new practices that help you respond to life’s situations from a transcendent perspective. Prayer, reading sacred texts, meeting up with a spiritual community, meditation, and conscious breath are but a few ways to recenter yourself.
End your day with hope. When you make a conscious effort to connect with gratitude, goodness and growth, a deep sense of hope is a natural byproduct. At the end of each day, write down your responses to this question: What am I grateful for today?
SPREAD HOPE THROUGH THIS COMMUNITY!
The Wellness Moonshot: A World Free of Preventable Disease Initiative is a dream powered, in large part, by hope. It is forged from the belief that there is no such thing as us and them. On this planet we call Earth, there is only all of us—the hope we share together is our bond and our sustenance.
Let us know your stories of living and leading with HOPE on social media using #wellnessmoonshot, and we’ll spread your hope to wellness leaders worldwide. And remember to join the GWI’s Wellness Moonshot celebration on April 29 to inspire and learn from others!
Next month, we’ll touch on what it means to EXTEND yourself in healthy ways as a wellness leader. Until then, check out each of these Wellness Moonshot articles from past years with scientific insights and strategies to support you on your wellness leadership journey.
- Check out insights from this Roundtable: The Science of Wellness—Hype or Hope?
- Learn about hope’s sister, optimism.
- Find out how leaders around the world use their hope and action for the future of wellness at GWI’s PositivelyWell platform.
- Understand the power of hope and other pathways for improving mental wellness.
- Get more information about GWI’s Clean Water, Mental Wellness, and Supporting UN 17 Sustainable Development Goals
- Customize The Wellness Moonshot resources: Contact Kendra Kobler (Kendra.Kobler@globalwellnessinstitute.org) for specific ways to tailor The Wellness Moonshot branding assets and educational materials to meet the needs and aspirations of your company, community or country.