The Definition of LEARN:
- To gain knowledge or understanding
- To come to be able; to come to realize
- To become informed; to gain by experience
TIPS, HINTS & INSPIRATION:
Read September article by Renee Moorefield, member of the GWI Advisory Board and CEO of Wisdom Works Group, and learn how to use PREPARE as a springboard to inspire your participation in the powerful global movement: The Wellness Moonshot: A World Free of Preventable Disease.
Here are a few tips excerpted from the article:
Understand the neuroscience of habits: Neuroscientist Dr. Sarah McKay shares that all habits have a few defining features: Habits are forged over time as a behavior is repeated over and over; they are triggered by a particular cue; and they are performed automatically, often with little conscious awareness. And once formed, they are difficult to break.
Help others tap into their potential to learn. People often feel stuck because they forget they are hard-wired to adapt and evolve. Assist them in using the same cue-craving-response-reward feedback loop that’s the backbone of every habit to break the habit cycle.
Turn a wellbeing experiment into a habit. Research shows that simple, intentional, positive activities, such as a daily dose of gratitude or wonder, will increase your wellbeing. Choose an action you’ve experimented with that supports your wellbeing. Then ask yourself, how can I incorporate this experiment into my lifestyle?
Make wellness the core of your identity. Learning can be a pathway to wellness, to be sure, but it isn’t just about adopting a new behavior or mindset. Ultimately, it’s about creating who you want to be. Too many leaders still see wellness as an afterthought rather than the core of how they live and lead.
Let your Wellness Moonshot be your guide. What do your team and organization need to learn to bring your Wellness Moonshot into reality? If you haven’t looked at your Wellness Moonshot in a while, check out this article to get reinspired and to make your Wellness Moonshot more impactful.
LEARNING IS THE BASIS OF OUR WELLNESS MOONSHOT COMMUNITY!
Helping each other grow in wellness leadership is one of the greatest benefits of The Wellness Moonshot: A World Free of Preventable Disease community. Let us know how you are learning something new or helping others do the same by sharing your story on social media with #wellnessmoonshot; we’ll spread your inspiration worldwide. And remember to join the GWI’s Wellness Moonshot celebration on September 20 to connect and learn from others!
Next month, we’ll explore the power of CHARM in your wellness leadership! Until then, check out each of these Wellness Moonshot articles from past years with invaluable insights and strategies for your wellness leadership journey.
- Learn about where the wellness industry is heading with these trends reports.
- Learn what the GWI Initiatives are forecasting for their sectors.
- Find out more about mental wellness pathways that support creativity, learning and growth.
- Use exercise to boost your learning and memory.
- Listen in as big hotel chains and smaller independent hotels learn from each other across the hospitality industry.
- Become a global strategic partner of The Wellness Moonshot: A World Free of Preventable Disease.
- Customize The Wellness Moonshot resources: Contact Kendra Kobler ([email protected]) for specific ways to tailor The Wellness Moonshot branding assets and educational materials to meet the needs and aspirations of your company, community or country.
One thought on “2021 September Moonshot | Tips”
Highly valuable article! Learning and growing continues at 65. Thank you for creating the opportunity to learn with information like this.