The Definition of PREPARE:
- To make ready beforehand
- To put in a proper state of mind
- To work out the details, plan in advance
TIPS, HINTS & INSPIRATION:
Read August’s article by Renee Moorefield, member of the GWI Advisory Board and CEO of Wisdom Works Group, and learn how to use PREPARE as a springboard to inspire your participation in the powerful global movement: The Wellness Moonshot: A World Free of Preventable Disease.
Here are a few tips excerpted from the article:
Ask the bigger question. Even as the pandemic recedes in some parts of the world, many are feeling deep fatigue and burnout while others are rethinking their careers altogether. Instead of reacting rashly to the statistic that over 40% of the global workforce is now considering leaving their employers, allow this stat to instigate a bigger question: How can we prepare employees to reset their lives and work—and, in doing so, come to know our organization as a facilitator of their wellbeing?
Be a wellbeing coach. When it comes to personal wellbeing, most people are looking for a coach or facilitator more than a boss or expert. Support your family, friends and teams by shifting into empathy and listening. Create an emotional spaciousness that allows people to honestly be where they are without guilt or shame. And invite people to relook at the value of wellness; how we eat, move, connect, rest and breathe today prepare us for the ups and downs that are an inherent part of life and work.
Demonstrate a leadership of caring. Explore how other leaders are striving to prioritize employee wellness and wellbeing. Seek ways to increase autonomous decision-making and shared trust across the organization. The truth is: If you use this opportunity to normalize wellbeing and care in your workplace culture, you’ll go a long way in preparing your organization and the people in it for the next challenge.
Prepare a mantra. Develop a mantra right now when life is saner, one that helps you lead well when challenges occur. This self-coaching strategy helps you, psychologically and neurologically, maintain a positive view of yourself as well as your competence to influence a healthy future by rising above the fray.
Ready your personal foundation. Transformation is an endurance sport, not a sprint. Ask yourself: What life practices will help me prepare myself for the long haul? And commit to those practices, such as keeping healthy boundaries, gardening, riding your bike, or enjoying a daily dose of wonder, that enable you to lead and live with equanimity, resourcefulness and wellbeing.
PREPARE FOR WELLNESS THROUGH THE WELLNESS MOONSHOT COMMUNITY
Helping each other prepare to lead wellness is one of the greatest gifts of The Wellness Moonshot: A World Free of Preventable Disease community. Using #wellnessmoonshot, give an example on social media about what you’re doing to help yourself and others prepare to lead wellness; we’ll spread your inspiration worldwide. And remember to join the GWI’s Wellness Moonshot celebration on August 20 to connect and learn from others!
Next month, we’ll touch on what it means to intentionally LEARN as a wellness leader and use learning strategies to enhance wellness for others. Until then, check out each of these Wellness Moonshot articles from past years with invaluable insights and strategies for your wellness leadership journey.
- Learn where the wellness industry is heading with the highly respected Global Wellness Trends Reports from GWI’s sister organization, the Global Wellness Summit.
- Read these eight wellbeing leadership strategies for responding to COVID-19, and consider how they apply to your organization today.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest wellness trends gathered for you by every Initiative of the Global Wellness Institute.
- Find out more about mental wellness in this extensive whitepaper by GWI’s Mental Wellness Initiative.
- Explore additional wellness-enhancing strategies from Tianren Culture, a social innovation platform advancing The Wellness Moonshot Initiative in China.
- Become a global strategic partner of The Wellness Moonshot: A World Free of Preventable Disease.
- Customize The Wellness Moonshot resources: Contact Kendra Kobler ([email protected]) for specific ways to tailor The Wellness Moonshot branding assets and educational materials to meet the needs and aspirations of your company, community or country.