The Global Wellness Institute
The Wellness Moonshot:
A World Free of Preventable Disease
The Wellness Moonshot Calendar’s monthly theme
for DECEMBER 2022 is THANK.
Authored by Renee Moorefield, CEO of Wisdom Works Group, and member of the GWI Advisory Board
AS WELLNESS LEADERS AROUND THE WORLD,
WE THANK YOU!
All of us at the Global Wellness Institute feel a wholehearted thanks for everyone who is advancing The Wellness Moonshot: A World Free of Preventable Disease. You are part of a vast network of wellness leaders across the globe—from the 17th Surgeon General Dr. Richard Carmona in the USA to wellness and food tech entrepreneur Victor Koo in China—guiding people, organizations, and societies to make wellness a real priority.
WHEN IT COMES TO WELLNESS LEADERSHIP,
ISRAEL STANDS TALL
My recent conversation with Israel native Amir Alroy gave me tremendous optimism about what’s possible to positively shift our disease trajectory worldwide. Amir is the Co-founder of Welltech Ventures, the leading wellness innovation fund in Israel. He shared that Israel is one of the most significant tech centers globally, with close to 40% of its 9,000 tech companies focusing on health, digital health, and wellness.
Why does Israel have an unparalleled ecosystem for tech innovation in health and wellness? This is in large part, Amir explained, due to the country’s unique health structure which collects data from every Israeli from the time they are born. This massive dataset allows Israel to be cutting edge in producing innovations, doing clinical trials, and cooperating with other countries to roll out new health and wellness advances. The Israeli Army has an unexpected role to play, too; the nation’s mandatory military service is a well-known avenue for training young talent in entrepreneurism, contributing to Israel having more startups per capita than any other country in the world.
Listen to Amir share the key factors which make Israel a hotbed of health and wellness innovation.
WELLNESS IS THE NEW WEALTH,
YET WE MUST ATTEND TO WELLNESS GAPS
We’re experiencing a wellness revolution around the world, however, for many people wellness opportunities are still elusive. Consider that 7 out of 10 people still die of chronic disease. Amir believes that tech can be used intelligently to bring wellness resources and opportunities to the masses—and when that happens, we all win. According to Amir, tremendous strides in wellness tech are already occurring in these sectors and more:
- Mental wellness. For instance, tech has made lifestyle coaching and supportive therapy available to more people than ever before—and, hopefully, will close inequality gaps in mental health services.
- Climate. Tech allows innovations in water, soil, air, and energy to be scaled globally. Plus, it offers new products and services for climate-responsible consumers. (Make sure your next pair of flip-flops is good for planet Earth!)
- Food. Healthier alternatives are emerging to replace, as examples, sugar and meat, two dietary culprits linked to lifestyle diseases.
Hear Renee & Amir talk about the many ways tech can be a positive wellness force for people and the planet. (Video Above)
WE MOVE INTO 2023 WITH THANKS!
Next year, The Wellness Moonshot will engage in a historic partnership with Fountain Life, whose mission is to change healthcare from reactive to preventive. The Fountain Life team, which includes renowned medical and business leaders Dr. Robert Harari, Dr. Bill Kapp, Dr. Rakesh Suri, Shawn Buchheit, Dr. Peter Diamandis, and Tony Robbins, will support The Wellness Moonshot initiative team in creating programs that meaningfully impact behavior change worldwide. Learn more about this partnership.
RESOURCES TO SUPPORT YOUR WELLNESS LEADERSHIP
- Dive into the On Demand videos from the 2022 Global Wellness Summit to hear about the latest Israeli welltech innovations.
- Listen to Amir talk about how he has invested in and accelerated wellness startups in Israel on this Global Wellness Summit podcast.
- Learn about the drives and concerns for using tech to advance wellness from transformative tech guru Nichol Bradford, featured in our November Moonshot.
- Check out these Global Wellness Institute initiatives addressing technology and wellness: Digital Wellness and Web3.
- Use this online assessment to measure your mental and emotional wellbeing, stress resilience, and wellbeing leadership.
- Customize The Wellness Moonshot branding assets and educational materials to meet the needs and aspirations of your company, community, or country. Contact [email protected] for more information.