NEW! The Global Wellness Economy: Country Rankings Report – February 2022
On Tuesday, February 8th during the 2022 Global Wellness News Broadcast, the Global Wellness Institute (GWI) research team presented and released its NEW research report, The Global Wellness Economy: Country Rankings–which focuses on the geographical trends and differences in the wellness economy.
This research leverages the newly expanded and comprehensive dataset provided by the December 2021 GWI report, The Global Wellness Economy: Looking Beyond COVID, which provided updated wellness economy data for 2017-2020 across the eleven wellness sectors by region and by country. Using this new data and diving deeper, GWI is now able to examine the size and development of the wellness economy across different parts of the world. While country rankings (e.g., the World Happiness Index or the World Competitiveness Index) always generate a lot of attention, the importance is not the rankings themselves, but the opportunity to ask questions such as:
- How do different countries rank for the size and scale of their wellness economies?
- How is the global wellness economy distributed across the world?
- How does the size, growth, and composition of the wellness economy vary across different countries and regions, and what do
- those differences tell us?
- How did the pandemic affect wellness spending across different countries and regions?
- What factors are associated with higher levels of wellness spending across different countries (e.g., GDP, population, wealth, tourism dependence)?
The Global Wellness Economy: Regional Analysis & Country Rankings Report examines these questions and sets the stage for the 2022 GWI research on Wellness Policy.
The 2022 Global Wellness Trends Report: The Future of Wellness
Global Wellness Summit (GWS) trends writers presented the only wellness forecast based on the insights of the leaders and visionaries attending the annual Summit—a highly anticipated, set of global predictions.
LEARN MORE + PURCHASE FROM OUR SISTER ORGANIZATION, THE GLOBAL WELLNESS SUMMIT
Thank You to the 2022 Research Sponsors: