A Wellness Immersion is an experience designed to create space to reconnect to one’s sense of mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual wholeness. The experience involves a separation from routine life with the intention to invite a positive transformation. A Wellness Immersion can inspire a commitment to conscious growth. It can also provide us with the tools and motivation needed to fully integrate this transformational experience into our lives and sustain its benefits into our everyday being.
Wellness Immersions may take the form of 1) Medically Supervised Therapeutic Immersions, 2) Integrated Health and Wellness Immersions, and 3) Dedicated Retreats. In all cases, the visionaries, operators, wellness experts, and participants have a keen understanding of the unique and life-changing potential of these curated programs.
THE IMMERSION INITIATIVE: OBJECTIVES
- Propose an industry standard definition for a Wellness Immersion
- Clarify best-practices and essential program elements that yield sustainable, positive outcomes
- Highlight four categories of Wellness Immersions
- Foster understanding and inspire participation by sharing testimonials of positive transformation
- Gather evidence of the effectiveness of Wellness Immersions to support enhanced funding by health insurers, policy makers and employers
THE IMMERSION INITIATIVE: 2021 DELIVERABLES
- Reflection Document produced a white paper defining a wellness immersion, clarifying elements and highlighting 4 categories. Socialize among wellness stakeholders, program designers and industry specialists.
- Online Round Table : Bringing Virtual Wellness Immersions to Hospitals Supporting both Patient and Health Care Practitioner.
- Website (GWI Immersion Page) gather inspirational video testimonials of participants and program facilitators and share how these experiences can transform lives.
- Virtual Immersion: Define and create a virtual wellness immersion experience.
Tracey Vincel, Founder, KNOSIS Center for Physiotherapy & Wellness, United States
Tracey Vincel PT MPhty CBBA is founder of KNOSIS Physiotherapy and Wellness, a private practice that combines traditional physical therapy with innovative wellness programming. Tracey has dedicated her clinical practice to empowering clients to eliminate and prevent pain, integrating ancient and alternative mind/body healing techniques with modern orthopedic therapy and cutting-edge technology. She joins the GWI immersion initiative as a clinician, entrepreneur and innovator to inspire and co-create connection and the FEELING of well-being.
Nicolas Ronco, Founder & CEO, Yelo Spa, United States
Until May 2019, Nicolas was the Founder and CEO of YeloSpa which opened its first location in New York City in 2007. He is currently working on a new wellness-based project that is projected to have a major impact in the industry. His successful and fulfilling experience in the business and corporate world in the US, Europe and Asia led him to create a unique brand in the hospitality and spa industry that was internationally recognized and also grew in markets such as New York, Puerto Rico and Brazil. YeloSpa was the culmination of Nicolas’ extensive travels and experience in his quest to learn how different cultures deal with stress, fatigue and exhaustion and ultimately heal the entire being. He experienced reflexology and sleep therapy in Japan, performed volunteer work at an ashram in India and studied shamanic healing in Brazil.
Dr. Marc Cohen
Jen Cronan Corley
Ulli Lagler Peck
Dr. Shilpa Sreenath
2017 Briefing Paper
The briefing paper is a snapshot of this industry sector including valuable information on latest trends, challenges and initiative accomplishments. Read full paper HERE.