Sustainability Initiative Programs
Areas of Focus
- Examine the relationship between economic abundance and scarcity in economic models.
- Currency exchange as a means of influence and economy as a measure of meaningful life.
- The new tribe: Emotional brands are lucrative brands.
- Explore the capacity to shift from innovation towards creation of the future.
- Examine the sense of fear of the future vs the experience of personal empowerment for transformational change.
- Discuss how to reconnect to environment through a sense of place and time.
- Explore architectural and spatial dynamics and structures that promote or prevent wellbeing, and the energetic interplay at work.
- Exploring what it means to add value on a continual basis in social systems, ‘natural’ systems, infrastructure systems, human development, and financial systems.
- Integrating all the domains of life in our design and thinking processes. IOW: Working with the processes of life as a whole living system.
- Explore the dynamic framework by which to encourage individual preparation and motivation towards a more sustainable life and work-style.
- Examine the elements, forces and influences operating in the human body that will help us to understand Nature and that we are all connected in a web of wellness.
- Consider the Wellness Manifesto published on Global Wellness Day 2015 as a baseline approach to sustainable core values.
- Examine the business imperative which allow for businesses to take leadership roles and create strategies to propel a sustainability agenda in the competitive marketplace.
- Define core values necessary for sustaining well-being on a larger scale.
- Define beliefs and principles (guides to action) that unite this initiative.
- Create a collection of significant case studies providing evidence for an effective sustainable business or social model.
- Develop a collection of best practices towards creating a sustainable business or social model.
- Develop a relationship with technology that provides for a more influential and intuitive systemic approach.
- Give meaning to and re-define common terms related to sustainability issues?
- Create an online learning environment.
- Provide specific courses, consulting, or services associated with implementing best practices and strategies.
- Create a Document that serves as a credo
- Create awareness raising resources designed to help businesses recognize the inherent threat that an un-sustainable planet means to their own future (you can’t do business on a dead planet, essentially).
Questions or Comments?
Contact: Dafne Berlanga, Initiative Chair
The Global Wellness Institute serves as an umbrella organization for numerous Initiatives, that are independently chaired and run. The resources, editorial, research and opinions presented by the Initiatives do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the Global Wellness Institute.