Media Contact: Beth McGroarty
[email protected] • +1.213.300.0107
Miami, FL – August 13, 2020 – The Global Wellness Institute today released a “Wellness in the Age of COVID-19” Q&A with Dr. Nicola Finley, who practices integrative medicine at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, Arizona and who worked for a decade delivering healthcare to economically disadvantaged communities.
In the Q & A Dr. Finley discusses crucial issues, including…
- Why it’s so urgent to tackle the deep inequities in access to wellness for Black and brown communities. How people of color have not felt seen, heard or valued by the wellness industry.
- What are some differences in the wellness concept within the Black community?
- How are women of color being served by the spa industry? (Can you at least get your products right?)
- What’s the most undervalued approach in wellness?
- How will COVID-19 change the wellness market?
Images can be found here.
About the Global Wellness Institute: The Global Wellness Institute™ (GWI), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is the leading research and educational resource for the global wellness economy. Through its five pillars—research, industry initiatives, roundtable discussions, Wellness Evidence and The Wellness Moonshot: A World Free of Preventable Disease—the GWI informs and connects key global stakeholders who impact the health and wellness of our planet and its citizens. The GWI’s mission is to empower wellness worldwide.